Terms and Conditions:
The term H&K or H&K Europe refers to the companies H&K Equipment Limited.
1. All orders for products and/or services shall be regarded as an offer by customer to purchase products and/or services under the terms of this agreement.
2. H&K accepts customer's offer to purchase under this agreement and makes a binding agreement by issuing an on-screen order confirmation and invoice. Once the on-screen order confirmation is accepted by the customer the invoice is generated and posted to the customer. Acceptance of the order confirmation is binding except where there is a discrepancy between what the customer orders and what is received. It is recommended that customer notify H&K of any discrepancies that are noticed within 24 hours of receipt of delivery.
3. Prices and specifications of equipment are subject to change without notice.
4. Ownership of the items passes to the customer once signed for. If a shipment arrives in a damaged condition please refer to our damaged goods / damaged in shipment policy.
5. Unless freight costs are displayed the cost of freight will be added to the order.
6. Claims for damaged or missing equipment from a shipment must be reported to H&K within 24 hours of delivery.
7. By purchasing a product from H&K the customer is agreeing to the terms and conditions of the warranty on that product. For further warranty information please refer to warranty policy.
Price and Payment:
1. Pre payment is required for all goods, unless alternative payment terms have been agreed in writing with H & K. If agreed in advance with H&K in writing payment terms are Net thirty days from date of invoice.
2. If the “Pay On Account,” payment option is chosen the freight and taxes are not calculated and will be an additional charge to the customer.
3. Interest is currently charged at 1.5% per month on all overdue accounts (18% per annum).
4. All items purchased remain property of H&K until invoice has been paid in full.
1. The delivery date specified is an estimate.
2. The place of delivery is as stated as “ship to address,” on the invoice.
3. Products may be delivered by instalments, which shall be communicated to customer.
4. H&K does not accept responsibility for delays or failings caused by third party operators e.g. Courier companies.
The H&K returns policy is as follows:
1. Goods must be unused, undamaged and returned in the original packaging.
2. A return goods authorisation number will be required prior to any goods being returned. Please call H&K to receive a return goods authorisation number from one of our customer service representatives. You will be asked to provide the invoice number, H&K part numbers and descriptions for the item(s) you wish to return.
3. Goods must be returned to us within 30 days from original purchase.
4. You will be responsible for any return freight charges.
5. A 15% restocking charge will be deducted from the credit.
6. Excludes items under £30.00
7. Excludes items which have been made specifically for your store.
8. Goods must be returned to the warehouse and be clearly marked with the returns number.
Damaged in Shipment Policy:
If an order shipped via courier company shows obvious damage when it arrives at your location, refuse the shipment and do not sign for it. Immediately contact H&K and report the incident.
If you receive an order shipped via a dedicated vehicle that shows obvious damage, you must note the damage on the Bill of Lading that you sign when the order is received.
Failure to do so will severly limit the chances of receiving compensation for the damaged equipment from the carrier. Also, immediately notify H&K of the situation.
Occasionally goods are damaged due to abusive handling by the carrier but sign of mishandling are concealed by the packaging. If upon opening a package you discover concealed damage to the merchandise, be sure to keep all packing materials along with the damaged product. Contact H&K immediately to report the incident. We will carry out an on site inspection if required by the freight company.
Equipment manufactured by H&K carries a 2 two year warranty from date of purchase. H&K warranty terms covers labour charges and replacement of defective parts within this period. Claims for defective equipment will be accepted if the defect is a result of a manufacturing error or of a part’s non-compliance. H&K does not accept responsibility for defects caused by the mishandling, abuse or neglect of equipment.
Parts replaced after the 2-year period has elapsed are covered under warranty for 90 days. However each Original Equipment Manufacturer has specific terms and Conditions and we would advise you to contact H&K if you have any issue in relation to defective parts.
For more information please refer to our “General Warranty Guidelines” document.